Boy, 13, expected to recover from California shark attack
Hospital officials say a 13-year-old boy was expected to recover after a shark attacked him while he dived for lobsters in Southern California.
Rady Children's Hospital-San Diego said in a statement the teen, who wasn’t identified, was in serious condition a day after he was bitten off the coast of Encinitas in San Diego County.
He had been listed in critical but stable condition following surgery Saturday.
The hospital statement said the boy's parents want to inform family, friends and the entire community that he’s expected to make a full recovery.