19 sickened by chemicals at California pool
Authorities say 19 people, many of them children, were sickened by exposure to a chemical at a Southern California swimming pool. But their problems are non-life-threatening.
The Ventura County Fire Department says the people were overcome by fumes last night at Daland Swim School in Thousand Oaks. Some reported having trouble breathing.
A dozen people were taken to hospitals. Sheriff's officials say all are expected to recover.
The Los Angeles Times reports authorities believe an equipment malfunction began pumping extra chlorine into the pool.
A call to the swim school wasn't immediately returned.